Monday, April 18, 2011

Everything is Obama's fault



In case you've been living under a rock for the last two years, everything wrong with the world is President Obama's fault. Budget crisis? Obama. Teen pregnancies? Obama. All My Children being canceled? Obama. That hangnail you've had for the last week and a half. Totally Obama.

I don't know why people come to the auto show expecting to talk politics with me. First of all, most of these people who want to have these conversations are hillbillies and I can guarantee that discussing our wildly opposing ideologies would only end badly. Possibly with bloodshed. Second of all, I am here to help market a product to you, and taking the risk of complete and utter alienation due to opposing political views is not exactly conducive to that process.

Here is one of my favorite political statements of this auto show season, as spoken by a member of our Greatest Generation:

"I don't believe in all this hybrid mumbo-jumbo. Oil is perfectly fine. This is all just a conspiracy by Obama."

Some days, when I get back to my hotel room, my tongue is literally swollen from having to bite it so hard all day long. Some days I am able to slip in a dig or two before they realize what's happening, then quickly move them along to SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME CAR INFORMATION JOY JOY JOY!

"Well sir, there are hundreds of dead baby dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico who would probably beg to disagree with you on that," I replied.

"…But luckily we have lots of other vehicles that only have good old fashioned gas combustible engines so you can use all the oil your sweet little heart desires!" *Flash megawatt smile, cock head towards gas guzzling monster, sashay him over with an extra skip to my step*

One day when I bite totally through my tongue and can't work and can't pay my bills because I don't have short term disability insurance, it will be Obama's fault.

12 comments:

  1. A conspiracy by Obama? How does one person conspire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living where I do, I hear so much of this that I've grown immune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously Hilary Clinton is somehow involved in this too, that tricky bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your blog is Obama's fault, then I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, a friend and I were sitting in a car that featured in-dash GPS navigation. An older gentleman who was also sitting inside the vehicle opined that he'd never buy a car with GPS since he didn't want to be tracked by the federal government. He went on and on and on about Big Brother and all... but yeah, he could be right, but damn was he paranoid about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon:
    Hmmm... I wonder what he's doing that's so top secret the government would want to track it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spend most of day around such people. What joy Faux news can bring. Most of this sounds like stuff my mother-in-law would say. That is what the scotch is for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If President Obama fell out of a rowboat and walked on water, these same people would point there fingers at him and say, "Aha, see? Obama can't swim!" They are impossible to please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GPS receivers can not transmit location. Therefore they can not be used to track you in real time. They could store your location in local storage, but the government would have to have physical access to your car, rip the GPS out, and have a means of transfering that information out of the GPS unit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New post plz. Just to get teh smugness off the top story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such jokes are very negative to Obama's personality.
    I think people should moderate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Studies have shown hybrids can in fact be worse for the environment than regular old internal combustion engine-powered vehicles. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below - I do so love to hear from my public. I reserve the right to delete anything I want because it's my blog. Any guesses as to my identity will be deleted immediately. Spammers will be forced to attend a full season of monster truck rallies.